Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Children and their Children or the Grandest of the Grand

Grandchildren are a Joy and a Blessing.
Grandchildren are all wonderful.
Grandchildren are all beautiful.
Grandchildren are all intelligent.

BUT MINE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST!
just ask me, I'll tell ya!


I can not think of any other person, place or thing that leaves me without the vocabulary to describe.
Maybe this is a first grandchild high but it just about fills my heart to overflowing and then some.
I am a Piper hog. I monopolize every second she is in Texas. (She lives in Arkansas) I don't share well, if at all. Not even with my husband, her doting Grandpa.

I begrudge every minute that someone else has with her. What is happening to me? I've never, ever been a jealous person. Never had that great green-eyed monster darken the edges of my mind until now. Now I don't want her to leave my sight. She is one year and one day old and she has such a firm, solid grasp on her Grand mama that it scares me.

I don't understand when this fearsome force entered my life and took control of my every waking moment. And, truth be told, every sleeping moment because I think I hear her over, and over, and over, all night long! What do I think I'm going to do if I ever really hear her at night? Barge into my DS and DDIL's bedroom and snatch her from them? That will not be allowed, by my standards or theirs. She is their child and I have NO RIGHT ACTING THIS WAY!

But I can't seem to stop. I tell my husband that I'm going to behave and not carry her around, or take her out of other loving arms but I just don't do it. I don't even realize that I'm doing the snatching monopolizing thing at all. I just follow her around and act the fool.

I guess that's just what Grandparents do. Or maybe this is a fleeting thing and it will pass sooner or later. Either way...

DON'T
UNDER
ANY
CIRCUMSTANCES
GET
BETWEEN
PIPER
AND
ME!

It could be hazardous to your health and well-being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its ok to be a Piper hog... you have every right to. You dont get to see her much!!!